A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:54 am

After completing a normal skirmish in single player and leveling up my hero, the "ok" button to move on forces me right into another skirmish! But it gets worse - when the skirmish loads up - there's nothing there!

Off topic: it appears Image Shack will soon start charging to upload images!  affraid  After all these years and it has come to this!  No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:01 am

I am unable to reproduce it. Can you please be more specific?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:13 am

From start to finish:

After updating The Protectors to 8.1, I started a new single player Skirmish game with my previously made Orc Priest, who was at level 7.

I chose to play as Daemons on the map Treasure Trove Cove, against 3 AI Lord players. Their races were Dark Dwarves, Empire and Undead.

During the match my Orc Priest leveled up.

Later on in the match, I heard the level up sound for my Hero once more - leading me to believe my Hero had grown 2 levels this battle.

Eventually I won the battle and clicked to leave the map as normal.

I was presented with the victory and stats screen, which said my Hero had grown a level, but it stated that he had grown only a single level. I started to doubt whether I really did hear the level up sound twice during that battle.

I clicked the bottom right hand icon (the "next" button) to go into my Hero's leveling up screen.

I played around with point spending for a bit, which included the purchase of spells. (I wanted the Call Sage spell)

Once I was happy with how I spent my Hero's leveling up points, I then clicked the bottom right hand icon (the "next" button) to confirm changes.

At this point I was presented with a loading screen which, when complete, took me to the "choose 50 points of units" screen that appears right before entering a new skirmish. (At this point the game should have taken me back to the main menu, not another skirmish)

After choosing what units to take into battle, the map loaded up and I was presented with what you see above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:10 am

Quick Question: Was the hero created in Bronzeman mode?

Back to top Go down
Isilmehuiva
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:29 am

I already had this problem and I lost my XP in the game. My hero isn't bronzeman and I have The Protectors to 8.0 Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 am

I don't remember if my Hero is a Bronzeman - and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell this from the Hero selection screen.  Arrow 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uumdi
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm having this issue as well, it seems to be when I buy new spells on level up, though I'm not positive that's the cause, might just be bad luck.

I got an empire archmage to level 6 in the first skirmish, and it saved my progress. I played another afterwards, and bought summon imp, and everything else up to Soul Harvest.

It happened on a pyromancer and an illusionist hero too, though I'm not positive it was the reason. As soon as you spend your level up points and hit OKAY you get sent to spend your start points and retinue, then you press ok and you get a black map, no hero portrait, and the only way out is to resign, and you lose your progress from the previous battle.

Hope I'm on the right track for the sake of science. My friend got new Chaos spells just fine, so I'm at a loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bauke

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Sat May 17, 2014 5:20 am

I can confirm this. Suffering from the same bug with a hero in bronze mode. It happens ocassionally after I level up. Sometimes it just takes me back to the start menu, and at other times I get the bug mentioned above.

It is annoying because I lose all my progress. For example, if I leveled up from 22 tot 23 (and perhaps even beyond that), this bug will set me back to the start of level 22.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:30 pm

I played 0.8.3 like more than 100 times and never got this around, not a single time and tried all kinds of heroes (it happened allways on 0.8.2). Maybe this bug is devoured as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:28 pm

I would say so too. Fixed in 0.8.3. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one   

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Thrown straight into a new game after completing one
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1