A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] Unused sound files

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: [FIXED] Unused sound files   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Credit goes to Joe the Bartender who first encounter some of these, which then led me to check them all out. Anyway, there are some units in the game which have sound files that aren't being used due to their .arm file tagged to use a lower number of sound files than there are. These are all easily fixed by editing those .arm files and upping the number of sound files by 1.

Below are the units that fall victim to this:

Squire: Has 3 sounds files, but its .arm files says 2.
Dancing Sword: Has 2 sounds files, but its .arm files says 1.
Unicorn: Has 2 sounds files, but its .arm files says 1.
Warlord: Has 4 sounds files, but its .arm files says 3.

Reaper: Now this one is a little tricky because it has 4 order sound files, but only 3 select. This does mean that to increase the number of sound files used (to get it to use its Order4) would result in occasional silence upon selecting it where it would try and play a non-existent Select4 sound file. I have just gone and made a Select4 sound file to fill in this gap so you can now correctly make the Reaper use all 4 of its sound files (arm file says it has 3). Check WBC3Stuff for more details and for the download - found in the "Audio" folder.

P.S: I've also uploaded Lord Melkor's updated interface image. That one's found under the "Units" folder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Unused sound files   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Yes, I have already changed those values when I found out about Joe's version. Thanks for the heads up though.

Also added the reaper voice and melkor's image. All present in 0.8.2. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com

[FIXED] Unused sound files
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1