A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[SOLVED] Invisible units

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uumdi
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: [SOLVED] Invisible units   Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:57 am

Hey guys, I just discovered the mod and it sounds like a dream come true.  I downloaded the latest version (8.0), and the 8.1 and 8.2 patches.  

-I ran the full install of 8.0 through just the TPCBetav0.8FULL.exe, which put it in c:/Program Files(x86)/The Protectors

-I then ran the 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 patch .exe's.  I went to test out the tutorial and the game loads fine and I see the dialogue boxes and such, but I don't get unit graphics.  After moving the invisible minotaur hero around, I see him getting caught up on what I imagine to be features like trees and rocks, which I also don't see.

I have the WBC3 GOG.com install, and noticed that my options carried over such as scroll speed and low volume.  Could that be causing compatibility problems, or did I miss a painfully obvious step of the install?

I did a fresh install of just 0.8, and same thing - game boots fine, everything's in working order but no unit / feature graphics.  Thanks for your time guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uumdi
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Invisible units   Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 am

Had a friend try it; he had the exact same issue so I feel a little less stupid now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Invisible units   Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 am

Firstly, this mod is stand-alone. It has nothing to do with other wbc installations (although the preferences do indeed mix up - a bug we've been working on).

Secondly, if you have the invisible units bug, just right click the protectors.exe -> properties -> compatibility and check Run in compatibility mode for windows xp. Hit apply and play the game.

Voila!

EDIT: I'll make this a sticky for anyone else having this problem.

EDIT 2: Also check [FIXED] Everything is invisible, UI unusable

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Invisible units   

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] Invisible units
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1