A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] Vanilla Bug: Can't Create new Units after some time.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StDavid
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: [FIXED] Vanilla Bug: Can't Create new Units after some time.   Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello,

your project looks promising, and since you seem to have access to the sourcecode, perhaps you are able to eleminate this bug for your project which annoys me since the first version of vanilla wbc3:
After some amount of units form a player have been spawned and killed, no more new units can be created for the player at all.
(i'm not talking about the supply limit!)

I created a testmap to quickly see if this bug is also in your game:
Its basically a map with about 100 undead lairs, and a heavy fortified entry around a cavern owned by the player to kill the neutral attackers.
The monsters spawn, get slain, and, after some time, they all stop spawning. You can still produce some units, but as soon as you kill an enemy hero, the game crashes (because it creates an item crate on the ground for the neutral player who has already exceeded his spawn limit for this game).

-This seems to apply to a single player (or the neutral player which spawns the creeps).

-Why is this important to me? Because i love large scale battles, and when i produce and kill too many units, at some point i can't create any more. The mentioned way with the creep-map is just a way to reproduce this bug.
Its not just on my custom map, but on any map after enough of a player's units have been produced and killed. However, i can provide you my testmap if you want to try out yourself if you give me an email adress to mail it to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Vanilla Bug: Can't Create new Units after some time.   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:36 am

To be more precise, every side (including neutral) could spawn/build maximum 2000 units&buildings. Once this limit was reached there were no more units popping out. In some instances, even the human player could reach this limit.

I am glad to announce that after all these years we have eliminated this limit entirely. Consider this bug fixed, fried, exterminated and DEVOURED. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com

[FIXED] Vanilla Bug: Can't Create new Units after some time.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1