A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New units with new voices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zeto
Prince
Prince

PostSubject: New units with new voices   Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:51 am

I'm working with some voice actors that can help us with some new voices for new units, if TPC Community wishes to see them in the future. I can provide the voices. Is there anyone in the mood to create the units (since I have no slight idea how to create them... hope this isn’t too much work)? (Open to suggestions and new speeches).

Daemon
Incubus: Male, week evil unit. Attacks ground units only. Daemon model but 4x smaller and vivid green instead of red (No special abilities).

A)
     Voices (Male):
1 -Sleep Tight! (Death Blow)
2 – I hunt your dreams. (Select1)
3 – You filthy existence… (Select2)
4 – You shall be wicked! (Select3)
5 – Give me human dreams to egg on! (Select4)
6 – For the seed of doom. (Order1)
7 – Death to the sacred. (Order2)
8 – Long live profanity. (Order3)
9 – In Balora’s name. (Order4)

B)
Same as 0.83 Succubuses. (6 seconds for production at the Summoning Tower – Level 2 (?); 50 metal and 30 crystals).

Ssrathi

Snakelizard: Male, week, Ssrathi’s short ice ranged attack unit. Attacks ground troops only. Iriki’s model but with the size of a Snakeman with vivid yellow or green instead of blue. (No special abilities).

A)
     Voices (Male):
1 – We pray to the sun god. (Select1)
2 – The sun guides me. (Select2)
3 – Yes? (Select3)
4 – Serpent’s whisper (Select4)
5 -   Silence them all! (Order1)
6 – Yes! (Order2)
7 – Sunbeam them now! (Order3)
8 - Serpent’s whisper2 (Order4)

B)
Same as 0.83 Chameleon but with short ice ranged attack as close as the dwarven infantry’s upgrade. (20 seconds for production at Saurus Pen; 60 gold and 60 crystals).

Dwarfs

Khalid Fanatics (or Khalid Guards): WBC1 dwarf infantry model. Attacks ground troops only. (Abilities: each Khalid Fanatic/Guards adds +1 morale).

A)
     Voices (Male):
1 –Hurry up! (Select1)
2 – Have a large beer lad! (Select2)
3 – Drunk singing (Select3)
4 – Come to learn some fight haven’t you? (Select4)
5 – For Khalid! (Order1)
6 –In defense of lost causes! (Order2)
7 – Our Homeland calls! (Order3)
8 – hmm… They are doubling… (Order4)
9 – Taste some dwarven axe! (Death Blow)

B)
Same as WBC1 Dwarven infantry.
Cannot (?) receive the dwarven infantry’s upgrade. (30 seconds for production at Brewery; 60 gold, 70 stone, 80 metal and 40 crystals).

Minotaur

Ice Elemental: Exclusive Minotaur unit. Fire elemental model with ice ranged attack and blue instead of red (the same color as the frozen tower). Status are the same as Fire elementals with vulnerably to fire and resistance to ice. No special abilities other than freeze. Monster and Fx sounds as voice (already have a couple ideias). 75 seconds time production at Altar of Sartek, 250 gold and 300 Crystals.

Dark elf

Giant Spider: Queen spider model 3x Larger in grey or vivid purple. Abilities: Fear and very slow attack, casts poison cloud. 100 seconds time production at Kargothian gate; 100 Metal, 150 stone, 200 gold. Monster and Fx sounds as voice (already have a couple ideias). Status to be defined.

Dragons

Typhon: Pyrohydra model but green with slashing attack. Causes fear. Monster and Fx sounds mixed with recorded voices (already have a couple ideias). 120 time production at dragon pit, 300 gold. Status to be defined.

Echidna: Naga model in blue or vivid red, with fire ranged attack. Causes fear and Converts. Monster and Fx sounds mixed with recorded voices (already have a couple ideias). 120 seconds time production at the Dragon Portal; 300 crystal. Status to be defined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://soundcloud.com/andr-naya/sets/the-protectors-original-so
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 pm

To answer my thread and even if this small Project won’t move outside it: my part of this work is here. This isn’t exactly as I planed initially and I’m open to changes, as always:

Dragon Race units:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5x39bdxucnht5aa/Dragon+Race+%28WAV+352kbp%29.zip

Incubus and Khalid Fanatics:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzvs1xe6zcmh0hu/Possible+Units+%28WAV+352kbp%29.zip

Now, another perspective along with my first post: We know that 0.84 brings almost all units and the unbalance thing has been worked out and Patrick may not want to mess up that, so I believe it will be for the best focusing on Dragon‘s race (TPC is all about Dragons anyway!). Besides Dragling turning into dragons (like in Ahatch’s Mod), and other units that may fit this race such as dinosaurs, fairy dragons and Deamon/Ssrathi hero avatar, consider the following also as “pre-historic” creatures:
●Giant Spider: Big Grey queen spider model, as dragon worker that can follow the army (crushing damage);
●Echidna: Blue Naga model, as dragon general (fire damage. Casts something and converts);
●Typhon: Green PyroHydra model, as dragon general (slashing damage). Observation: Typhon, the “father of all monsters” from Greek mythology has a mouth and speaks… this was the best avatar I could think of;
●Snakelizard: Small Yellow Iriki model, as dragon infantry (piercing damage);
●Ice elemental: Blue Fire elemental model, as dragon floating ranged unit (ice damage);
●(All other damage available through dragons).

Observation: Other rearranged voices from WBC1 with some equalization (may not fit the dragons though):
●Incubus: Daemon model, as flying spell caster.
●Khalid fanatics: wbc1 dwarven infantry model.

I know this sounds utterly insane but I can’t avoid it: if this moves on, The dragon race can have a lot of possible units: at level 1 giant spiders, snakelizards, at level two Ice elementals and fairy dragons, at level 3 dinosaurs (3 different types…), at level 4 some dragons (with dragling) and level 5 echidna and/or typhon, titan (huge dragon?) and all other dragons. It may be too much, but experimenting and suggesting doesn’t hurt. At least you have a lot to choose from!

Last edited by Zetoo on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating speech files to 352kbp)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 am

I did perform a quick test to see if I could pull off a Green Hydra without much hassle. Although there's a few artifacts that need to be looked into, I can quite easily assemble a Hydra of this colour:

And here's a darker version:

If there's a demand for this (I.E: I know it'll actually get used in someone's mod), then I could make it a priority on my to-do list. But as it stands, there are other things that currently are in need of desperate attention. (Such as those official unit errors which I keep putting off)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:11 am

The Dragon's Race will only make its appearance in later versions, 0.9.x. Rest assured though that ANY recolored units will be used in TPC - unit variation is always welcome. I wouldn't make it a priority though.

A good job of recoloring units to create new ones is in The Fifth Horseman mod. Those are the best examples, just the thing we're looking for.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:39 am

Here's a couple of recoloured units I've taken a go at. I've got some more recolours but I don't think they're as good myself.

Black Spider Queen

Silver-Blue Doom Knight (similar colours to the Slayer Knight and Wight)

Black Doom Knight

Blue-Head Slayer Knight
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:06 am

The recolours I'm planning on doing are for the Phoenix and Wisp to make 3 different versions for each of the elven races. I have got one problem though, I don't have the tool which converts bmps back to rles again.

Doing all this stuff is giving me a wild idea; units change colours depending upon their level (like Doom Knights start out silver, go gold when they get to lvl 8, then go black when they get to lvl 14 or so). It's probably a silly idea and not-doable at all but it could be quite cool Cool.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:38 am

Sound like a good idea and certainly doable. It reminds me of Warlords 4. Lots of graphical work, but if someone is willing to give me a test batch for a unit, then I'll try and do the code work.

Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 am

Finished the Silver Doom Knight and Black Doom Knight sprites. They're all in bmp format though, I hope that'll be ok  cyclops.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks, bmp format is read by the game just as well as RLE- there is no need for RLE conversion.
Since it seems we've chosen our dummy to be The Doom Knight, we need to come up with a rule to change appearance based on titles (xp). Note that the coloring must not affect the visibility of player's side color. Something like:

Novice - gray
Expert - gray
Veteran - gray
Champion - silver-blue
Master - silver-blue
Grandmaster - silver-blue
Elite -black
Super-Elite - gold

In the above example, we would need 4 different colorings for each unit. Might be too much. Suggestions?

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 am

I was thinking about the amount of alternatives as well. I think it should be restricted to generals and elite units, or maybe just elite units since some generals can't really have alternative colours. Examples of this would be the Minotaur King and the Mages.

However, not every race has an elite unit. So you may need to "promote" some advanced units to elite status if you plan on having each race share in this new feature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:28 am

I think 3 different colours should be enough for each unit but if 4 are needed I don't mind. I've also thought about the colours of some units such as the mages, but there shouldn't be any problem with the Minotaur King (he could go brown for example). I think if this colour thing does happen, units such as the mages should change shades more than colour so that we don't end up with blue white mages Smile.

In the case of the Doom Knight, I'd go:
silver-blue (since silver-blue is the standard undead armour colour) then gold then black (looks more evil than gold imo)

Novice - silver-blue (this one doesn't have as much impact as the others since it's only available at 1 level as opposed to 3)
Expert - silver-blue
Veteran - silver-blue
Champion - gold
Master - gold
Grandmaster - black
Elite - black
Super Elite - black (this one also only appears on 1 level)

As a side note, I've never really liked the Super Elite experience level name. It's like being called a Super Expert or a Super Grandmaster lol!. I think the experience levels would look better like:
Novice, Expert, Adept, Veteran, Champion, Master, Elite and Grandmaster as the last experience boundary name.

Last edited by Joe the Bartender on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cleaning it up)
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:07 am

Demigod! Razz

My Doomknight would love that title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:21 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
mages should change shades
Like this?

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 am

And now you can add "It's too dark" to his speech set of moaning. lol!

Oh and through a complete accident, I've ended up with this majestic creature. I call it the Night Dragon. Razz

You may need to zoom it to appreciate its true beauty. However, I'll bee doing more experiments later on in the week and see what I like and what is best to go along side the existing Dragons, as my concern about this, Night Dragon, is that it may get mistaken for a Storm Dragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:58 pm

My personal all time favorite unit of WBC games is Chaos Dragon, so I though on a quick voice set for Night Dragon. This unit will have melee damage? How about giving it/him permanent vampirism (like vampires)?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zrjyrava4iwkg9e/NightDragon.zip

I know that Joe suggested earlier a Gold(en) Dragon (about life runes) for High ELfs. If that’s going to turn reality and if you guys find an avatar, I’ll make you the voice set. No problem.
I could find something for a gold golem also...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 am

Zetoo wrote:
This unit will have melee damage? How about giving it/him permanent vampirism (like vampires)?

That sounds pretty cool! The more I think about it the more I may settle for the Night Dragon (already saved its palette for the other animations). It could be the second Dragon for Dark Elves and Orcs. Although Undead are a likely culprit for a Night Dragon, the Frost Dragon may be more suited to them...... unless it's the High Elves and Minotaurs to be the ones to have Frost Dragons?

P.S: I also pulled out a pink Dragon with my experiments. lol! At the time I thought it just wouldn't fit. But now I'm thinking about the Fey..... Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 am

Kharn wrote:
It could be the second Dragon for Dark Elves and Orcs.

Orcs are kind of "light loving creatures" here... something that I can't fully understand. so Night dragons with Orcs? No... perhaps with Plague?

A Pink Dragon? Looks like I'm not the only one who likes extreme things around here! Fey and ... what else? Seems a dead end, sadly... But again, Plague (the rainbow color race with all colors hydras, etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 am

Zetoo wrote:
Orcs are kind of "light loving creatures" here... something that I can't fully understand.
Orcs fear the Sun God, as explained in the Chapter 3 intro, but they are not "light loving creatures". They're more or less neutral, preferring daylight simply because they can see better then.

Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 am

I can't help but feel that portrait's going to turn up somewhere in the game now, maybe as bonus unlockable content lol!.

There is a problem with the mini Golden Dragon thing that I didn't think of. I'd love to see a small high elf gold dragon in the game but the problem is when a flier is resized, their height off the ground changes with them Sad. The only solution is to manually go over every single frame doing much of the shadows all over again which would likely take ages.

I don't really understand Etherian Orcs very well. Should they be getting a combat debuff during night?

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I wonder if increasing the maximum unit level to 50 would be a good thing. Platinum medals could be used to represent every 10 levels. The rings around huge units don't change colour based on level too. Just a little thing Smile.

Ooooo also, can we do recoloured hero avatars as well? It could help give players a little bit more choice, even if they're essentially the same model  cyclops. Could potentially use recoloured versions of normal units for hero models as well if necessary.

Here's an Ogre-sized, blue-skinned Giant. I think of it as an Ogre Chieftain Smile. I've been wanting to see what it would look like and can go ahead with the rest of the frames if there's interest.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Once trolls are gone from TPC production, an Ogre Chieftan could have WBC1 troll or ogre voice pack. the thing is: orcs have already too much crushing damage... but I love the unit.

In my opinion there is something to be done with high elfs (they have lost 2 units). Strike 2: A golden dragon with a faeiry dragon avatar perhaps? with ice damaage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:48 am

I'm not so bothered about Trolls myself, but I still wish they'd come back. Wraiths, Shadows and Treants I feel are more important.

Maybe the Ogre Chieftain could be a character or a hero model for the Orcs? Would be pretty cool to walk around as an Ogre hero Very Happy. I'll wait for the go-ahead from Patrick before I do the rest of the frames.

I've finished the new Phoenix and Wisp units for the High Elves and Dark Elves. Currently I'm still thinking about that new high elf unit, maybe something like a Celestial Dragon-coloured Faerie Dragon would work here. Perhaps the high and dark elves need unique ancient wisps too. If Patrick wants those I'll give them a go. I'm not certain whether the transparency will work correctly for the High Elf Wisp though. If that needs to be looked at, I will do what I can to fix up a new one. Anyway, to the units!

Lodestar Wisp (High Elf Wisp) and Will-o'-Wisp (Dark Elf Wisp)

Halcyon Phoenix (High Elf Phoenix)

Umbral Phoenix (Dark Elf Phoenix)

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making images smaller)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 am

They're all so pretty! Shocked FYI, I am now working on releasing version 0.8.4 which sadly will not include any of these new units. That being said, there is no rush in producing these otherwise awesome sprites, but if they are created rest assured TPC will use them one way or the other. Worst case scenario they will just be a simple character in the campaign, best case they will be common, producible units for a race.

EDIT: I am moving this topic to the suggestion forum.

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 am

Last night I got to play with the Night Dragon, although I didn't get around to adding Zetoo's speech files (I'll try those out later). But now that I've seen the Night Dragon against the WBC world, I think its colouring looks a little too unnatural. What do you think:

I also want to redo its interface image - I want to make it a little more centered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Kharn, let me say this: your Night Dragon Blew my mind! That color makes it so evil! I woudn't change it, my opinion.

And I love Joe's units too. the new elf units are great! Especially the new phoenix! BTW is there any need for new voices for your wisps or phoenix? like changing the current ones pitch lower to evil ones and higher to good ones? With some kind of background SFx (i need to recearch a little bit on this units "history")?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:10 pm

It looks to me pretty good as well, but you should beware the night-palette, since he IS a NIGHT dragon, maybe it's colors would change too unnatural compared to daytime - then again, that might be his feature - during daytime he looks poor and only at night fearsome?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New units with new voices   

Back to top Go down

New units with new voices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next