A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 am

Caching units in game is also a cause for multiplayer lags. Completing quests is a first example.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 am

Kharn wrote:
[...]
For starters, burning candles pretty much don't make sounds. And secondly, you can hardly hear it in game[...]
It’s kind of dumb indeed… how about getting away with Lamp.wav in editor idea and create a City.wav (with medieval town sounds) instead? Useful enough, in my view.

And:
Is there any chance that we could use some already existent sounds? Like:
doubleclang.wav and sword.wav (battle between units with swords )

I am also going to get new walk sounds (oops, more work for the devourer…) so far I’ve got trot2 (some riders), wasp (wasp and dragonfly), clicking (ants, scarabs, etc.), firewalk (getting a new audible Fire for buildings on fire and a walk for salamanders, fire elementals, etc.), crawl (slime, scorpion, anthrag, etc.), earth (catapults, earth elemental, etc.), Big (hydras, non flying dinosaurs, sirian, iriki, giant, Minotaur king, etc.).

Important question: what is the diference between Fire and FML0Ambient?

Last edited by Zetoo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding some more info and questions)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:09 pm

So far I’ve managed to improve a lot sound wise. And I made some progress on understanding fire problem: There are two different files that play fire sound: Fire and FML0Ambient. Only the second (FML0Ambient) triggers the overridden however, since the first (Fire) is related to walks (Salamander and fire elemental). I’ve changed those sounds (were the same) and I can say now that in a map with no Fire elementals and Salamanders, the overridden occurs. First, you attack a building and set it on fire, FML0Ambient plays locally. If the building in question is neutral, then it remains locally. But if it is an enemy building, they will eventually repair it. And then, FML0Ambient turns from local sound to global sound (meaning: it plays all over the map, just like a song), playing again and again. I’ve stretched that sound up to 16 seconds and it seems to delay the “late turning off” of all other Sfx and voices. The global issue and the late overriden is still there however. Obviously, lamps keep having the same issue (as Kharn said, you must remove any sound related to lamps). So, as Joe already pointed out, I am afraid that this Bug can only be truly eaten by a professional devourer. You must do your magic here.
The good news is that this thread is obsolete since I’ve “repaired” it on my own!
http://the-protectors.forumstopic.com/t184-sound-blast-and-more

Edit: after my titan was created, some sfx and voices returned to normal, and all units produced after that had their voices available. The other units still had no voice. Finally: This is a wbc3 vanilla bug ("now I remember...")!

Last edited by Zetoo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : making FML0Ambient bigger only delays the late overriden and don't solve the problem)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:19 am

Finally, all 0.8.5 audio modifications done and tested. A lot of positive changes went on (“false modesty” aside: you’ve got a good sound platform here. But anything you may want to change, just ask). There’s a README inside as always. FML0Ambient Bug is still there however…
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9opdyxqcuvewvhp/TPC0.8.5+Sounds.zip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 pm

After looking in to it, I must say it is a definite improvement. FYI, the PQ tracks in original form are .ogg. Extorias did the conversion to .mp3 back in the days. Here is link to originals: https://www.mediafire.com/?48viq94ftgg9f47

Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:02 pm

All this thread is oblsolete already (except lamps, wich needs sound removed and FMLAmbient0 bug, already isolated).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Although untested, I think the hex value that determines whether a feature (.FEA file) plays a sound is along the 0x30 line, second to last number block and it's the first 2 numbers of said block. Change that to 00 and it should shut the lamp up.
The Lamp's ID is FML0 and that line (0x30) only has 2 non-zero values, with the second being the one that needs to be changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I have more stuff like that and I have a feeling you could deal with in seconds? Can I email you with the material (xcr with sounds to be de/attached + list. what else do you need?)? I think that is what we need from you more "desperately" now (then in the future an alternative to the drive stuff surely will pop up). Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:59 am

All you need to do is give me the XCR's holding what ever features need modding. The sound files wont be necessary - I can just use a template one to ensure the sound plays, as the sound file used will always be <Feature ID>Ambient.wav and the file found within the core sounds.xcr file.

If it's just purely applying / removing sounds from features, then I can technically get away with just looking at the .FEA file, but I wont be able to test it without the actual image or its .ANI file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:54 pm

0.8.5dev wrote:
(Kharn) Apply new Walk, Thunders, Attack, Death and Editor SFX (suggestion, tested and incorporated on SoundFx.xcr):
- New Walk
Big: sirian/iriki/ironbark/grond
Clicking: scarab/ant/scorpion/slime
Earth: earth elemental/Antharg
trot2:Paladin/Cavalier
wasp: wasp/dragonfly
Flap2:all dragons/balora/lunarion
-New Editor Sfx
Lava (FI06Ambient), Village (FI07Ambient), Farm (FI08Ambient) and Fire (FI09Ambient: this guy is here because you've got a fire animation)
-New Attack and Death
Death20 must be attached for Night Dragon (AADN, only for 0.8.6?)
New Death44 for all golems (except Grond)
New Death45 for thralls and peasants
New Attack26 for mortars and flame cannons.
New Attack31 for swordsmen when attacking metal or stone structures
New Attack32 for moonguards and Fey titan).
New Attack33 for eye of flames (flamers now) and Swamp dragons.
-SoundFX folder (also inside SoundFX.xcr)
LightningA1, LightningA2
Spider egg, lamps, Wall of ice and Wall of thorns should have fire sound detached as well. (because Joe removed most of the burning animations there - it doesn't make any sense for a small structer like that - there is still a debate on rampart however)

Joe will help you more in what is needed (mostly because I don't want to give you failed/wrong instructions). Also, when you are done, you could simply drop it on TPC0.8.5dev/MembersMaterial/kharn (if you want to of course). I think there is also the anims for wood elf hero, Iriki and lizard rider, right joe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:45 am

This Tuesday I'm off work, so I'll try out Google Drive then. I also have some other contributions that have never been made public that I could add for suggesting, such as new (more) random map generator files, allowing it to use tiles from my Kharn packs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:50 am

Kharn wrote:
allowing it to use tiles from my Kharn packs.
That wwould be great! The current random map generator is almost static in the same tiles (or so it seems).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:16 am

I don't know how but the Wood Elf Hero's walk anim has broken again and the Lizard Rider + Iriki's walk anim speed could use some work.

Also if it would help, here's a link to the current Protector's SoundFX file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 am

I've made a request to access The Protectors Google Drive with my new google account (Kharnlord).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:22 am

Request granted. Welcome!

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:43 am

It turns out that buildings playing the burning sounds when damaged is totally hard coded. Although you can trick the game into not displaying the fire sprites via clever manipulation of the .bui file,, the game still think it's on fire and thus plays the sound.

To remove the burning sounds from Wall of Ice / Thorns / Eggs you'll need to tinker with the source code.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Kharn, we can discuss this in the _TODO list. I check the forums rarer now, while on the list are the highest priorities (that I check often).

Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.4 Sounds   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:20 pm

since lamp issue was solved, this can be closed to avoid uncentralized info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs