A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Thu May 21, 2015 4:55 am

The WBC3 wiki now has a page dedicated towards the many bugs in the vanilla game. Have fun reading them all - there's 170 odd on there and when I was fixing some spelling errors, I remembered some more!

http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Thu May 21, 2015 6:31 am

There are some suggestions also. It deserves attention, very good work!
I would like to live enough to see them all killed and buried (the worst is already behind).

In what concerns sounds: 31, 32, 34, 51, 90, 95, 105 are fixed on 0.8.5, as far as I know.
About 52: Also, when you “win” heroes from quests, some have no speech files at all, while some have female voices where should be male (or the other way around).
Bug 33 is not ... a bug. Scrap “interference” there is fire sound from FML0Ambient with fade-in. I have tried to edit it but there is no proper solution. We must live with it. (BTW, I did exactly the same thing, as a joke, at the beginning of “ExtraVictoryEvil” song from TPCOST).
About 1: Patrick is a nice guy and he already started solving this on 0.8.4, but I believe fixing it entirely must be a pain in the spot, although I never had crushes on 0.8.4 TPC like in WBC3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 pm

The Flame Cannon's sound file I'm referring to is AAMXOrder1.
Right at the very start of the sound file, you'll hear a bit of a scratch before the rest of the sound plays. There is also a slight gap between the scratch and the actual sound, so it should be easy enough to chop off that very first bit without affecting the rest of the audio. I'll take a look at it through Audacity later on and see exactly what's going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 pm

You are always right. I envy you… I was thinking on AAMXReady… that cannot be undone. Here are the changes on AAMXOrder1 with proper conversion and testing:
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/2561acfec1fbe6c0b1957a3b7312510920150522122055/752a5f9533be5e5689dd88cbc687e93720150522122055/e05dd6

A quick editing and now is ready. I never found this bug before, well done! It seems to be wrong editing with other speeches, perhaps with AAMXselect1. Now fixed, thanks.

Exclamation LINK EXPIRES IN 7 DAYS. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sat May 23, 2015 7:19 am

I think I could organize most of these bugs and suggestions individually here on Forum (at least "new" bugs, not reported here yet). It is better for us all (in case of suggestions) and for Patrick in particular (bug-wise). I will do it when I have some time. Kharn already updated the list, adding bugs already fixed by himself and some great number was already devoured, so I guess it would not be that hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sat May 23, 2015 10:01 am

Zetoo wrote:
You are always right.
Not always - just most of the time :p lol

Anyway, I'm going to declare next week Warlords battlecry week! I don't think I can get it to be a national holiday but basically I had 2 whole weeks off work and had planned to do some WBC3 work during them, but so far done nothing for this first week. So I'm going to try and make next week all about WBC3! To help me focus, I'm going to do some minor wiki stuff, which will include organizing the bug section on it, as well as posting the solutions or what bugs have been fixed in what mods, like I said over in the other thread. I'll probably do that tomorrow and hopefully it'll get me in the mood to shift all my concentration to WBC3! (I still haven't actually used my new river-expansion tiles yet, so a new map or 2 is clearly something that I MUST do soon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sat May 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Kharn wrote:
I had 2 whole weeks off work
I envy you too, Kharn.
Kharn wrote:
I still haven't actually used my new river-expansion tiles yet, so a new map or 2 is clearly something that I MUST do soon
I recently used both the flooded caverns and the new river-pack in a chapter and they are looking and functioning pretty neat!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sat May 23, 2015 11:44 pm

I have just updated the wiki.
Everything is now categorized and with headings. I've also added a few more bugs on there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sun May 24, 2015 2:14 am

I think there's also one I experienced where the Salamander critted and hit air units with its splash. Is that in the list/can I even manage to make that happen again? Could've just been a one-off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sun May 24, 2015 6:32 pm

I've experienced that too. It's a confirmed bug.

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sun May 24, 2015 9:40 pm

It must be related to the one where I said an ally's Giant could critical hit your own units.
It looks like critical hits and splash damage don't follow the rules when paired up. I'll reword the existing entry relating to this to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
I think there's also one I experienced where the Salamander critted and hit air units with its splash. Is that in the list/can I even manage to make that happen again? Could've just been a one-off.
- fixed in 0.8.5

Also, I'm surprised this bug isn't on the list (vanilla):

Ranged units that have died but managed to shoot a missile beforehand, won't deal any damage with that missile. This is particularly easy to experience with slow projectiles (catapults).

Kharn, you might want to add that one to the list on the wiki. At any rate, I fixed it in The Protectors 0.8.5.

Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I am going to waste a post on: Patrick, you are the man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:50 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:

Ranged units that have died but managed to shoot a missile beforehand, won't deal any damage with that missile. This is particularly easy to experience with slow projectiles (catapults).

Kharn, you might want to add that one to the list on the wiki. At any rate, I fixed it in The Protectors 0.8.5.

Completely forgot! Amusingly, I actually submitted this one on the Battlefield forums back in the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:49 am

Bugs separated on other topics. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!    

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Enough bugs to make even The Swarm jealous!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1