A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests   Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:29 pm

1. Quest condition "Obtain a building" doesn't just check against newly obtained buildings, but existing buildings, too. Further more, it doesn't even check the quantity. If you have at least one of the required buildings (even before the quest begins) you can immediately return to the quest building after accepting the quest to then have it completed. Note that the quest in progress dialog seems to be checking for the right buildings and amount - just not the core quest itself. FIXED

2. Neutral and allied buildings, which do not count towards a quest's score/requirements, are still included when the game is working out what quest to make appear. This means you may end up with a quest that wants you to destroy your ally's base.....which wont ever count as being done even if you did decide to destroy it. FIXED

3. A condition that requires a specific amount of units killed doesn't correctly check against the units in play. I.E: A quest may appear that wants you to slay 10 Orcs, but yet there may only actually be 7 on the map. - it counts for 90% of the required number

4. A quest's timer doesn't stop counting down when the completion dialog is displayed. This means if you are really short on time - you could still fail the quest while reading the completion text. FIXED

5. The completion dialog doesn't display for a quest that requires only resources when the player has enough to complete the quest before accepting the it. FIXED

6. Quests only check against the player's resources the moment the player's Hero meets the quest building and before any dialogs are displayed. Any change to the player's resources while reading what ever dialog is displayed will be ignored. I.E: If the player needs 300 crystal but only had 299 when he encountered the quest building, the quest will still see him as having 299 crystal no matter how much time has passed and no matter how much crystal was gathered (or even lost!) while the dialog has been displayed. FIXED

7. After revisiting a resource based quest and being shown the completion dialog - the player's resources have yet to be taken off him. This then leads to the above bug where the player may no longer have the required amount as it may have changed during the dialog, but yet still completes the quest. "What's that, Storm Dragon? You want 2000 gold and you'll join me? Well I've just cunningly queued up my Titan to be produced after a cheaper unit, so here's only 800 gold!". "SOLD!" said the Storm Dragon. FIXED

8. Units / Item chests spawned from a quest will appear by the Hero who completed it - regardless of where the Hero is at that point. This means by using the shift key to queue orders, you can have your Hero visit a quest and then immediately make his way back to base. Closing the completion dialog now will have all the spawned goodies appear in your base! Quite the exploit when the quest is on the other side of the map and the reward are 4 Dwarven Smiths who would otherwise take tens of minutes to make it to your base. FIXED

9. Rewarded units from a quest are affected by your Heroes training skill. Now, this one caused a bit of a stir on the Battlefield forums as to whether training should affect them or not. I say no and that this is a bug based on the fact that producing a unit represents training and units from quests aren't produced. (But of course, Mercenaries are an exception to this) FIXED

10. One of the Plaguelords quests has no completion text, leaving an empty completion dialog - I forget exactly which one now (I think Red Plague?) but I fixed this in my Quest pack. FIXED

11. Once an active quest has expired, there's a bit of a delay before the quest building goes empty. At this point you can re-take out the same quest. However, the quest building will still go empty and "delete" your current quest (no message about it being expired - it just goes) and occasionally this will crash the game to desktop. FIXED

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests   Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:22 am

A minor explanation to 1:
There are two conditions you can opt for: BUILD SPECIFIC BUILDINGS (8 ) and OWN SPECIFIC BUILDINGS (9). The first one checks for newly created buildings, while the later counts ALL the buildings existing. The bug was not counting for condition 9 (own specific buildings).

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests   Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:54 am

Yeah - my "Obtain a building" is what I refer to condition 9 as. I probably should have specified it more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests   Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:14 pm

All of the above-mentioned bugs are fixed in 0.8.5 and later. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests   

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Quests
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1