A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Voice actors needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Voice actors needed   Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Don’t you think SystemF8/System8 is more suitable for Fountain of life research than SystemF9/System9 (it is a research, not a spell)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:22 am

This is more actually a bug from my early days of coding than a suggestion, though now that I think about it, it would deserve a different speech file just because it is special (rather than just another generic "Research complete"). The TPC players that I've seen go "Huh? What?" when they hear "You have learned new spell" then they start reading and go "Aha!". Currently though, our need for an English voice actor is so bad (male & female), that this seems a really distant implementation. Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Currently though, our need for an English voice actor is so bad (male & female), that this seems a really distant implementation. Sad

Let us hope someone can help us here...

.Introductory and Campaign Narrative;
.Remaking of current System;
.Adding some more new System;

EDIT: I have managed to sparkle attention to one male and one female Voice Actors. I asked them to join us here on forum (hope you will) for discussion, timelines and what can be really done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artosai
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Male Voice Actor Reporting!   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 am

Helloello! I've just gotten this stuff figured out; nice to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.trigramsproductions.com/
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:46 am

Artosai wrote:
Helloello! I've just gotten this stuff figured out; nice to meet you all!
Hey again (“Brandy”?), thank you for answering.
So a little more info for you, we are looking for (this is valid for female voice as well, if or when she joins us):
a) 40 to 41 system files (like: “your quest is about to expire” or “research complete”)
b) An introductory narrative with a song (song already done +- 3 min, but text still need to be done)
c) A campaign narrative (we already have the female one, and I guess we could use the same text? More 1min) take a look at this (SPOILERs):
https://soundcloud.com/patois-tucker/theprotectorsmodgamecampaignintro-patriciabeard

And I think that is it (Patrick)?
Artosai, Please could you show us some more examples of your work? (Patrick the winekiller is the boss here). As I said, this is all working for free and whatever help we can get from you will be rewarded with the name or nickname on final credits (once again, Patrick is the boss).
Please do tell us what you can do here (I would obviously like to see all of it done bounce ). If you accept it now, I can give you the texts available now (points a, and c).

Note: this is here for more people to join and suggest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 pm

*Exemplification and open discussion list*: I have decided to organize it all here. Naturally, this is open for changes suggestions, etc.

1 – System speeches (F/M).--->SHRIMPYER and
System0: “Your base is under siege.”
System1:”Your troops are under attack”
System2:”You have too many men”
System3:”Your hero is under attack”
System4:”Your hero has fallen”
System5:”Your hero is near death”
System6:”An enemy hero has been destroyed”
System7:”Upgrade complete”
System8:”Research complete”
System9:”You have learned a new spell”
System10:”An ally has been vanquished”
System11:”An enemy has been vanquished”
System12:”You are victorious!”
System13:”You have suffered defeat…”
System14:”That was an heroic effort!”
System15:”Quest received”
System16:”Quest complete”
System17:”You need more gold”
System18:”You need more stone”
System19:”You need more metal”
System20:”You need more crystal”
System21:”Your quest has expired”
System22:”New armies are available”
System23:”New buildings are available”
System24:”New armies and buildings are available”
System25:”An allied hero has fallen”
System26:”Beware! A Titan walks the earth!”
System27:”Your ally has summoned a Titan!”
System28:”Your buildings are under attack”
System29:”Your character is under attack”
System30:”Your character is near death”
System31:”Your character has died”
System32:”An allied character has died”
System33:”An enemy character has been killed”
System34:”Your quest is about to expire”
System35:”You have researched Fountain of Life”
System36:”An enemy has researched Fountain of Life”
System37:”An ally has researched Fountain of Life”
System38:”A rune of fire has been extracted”
System39:”A rune of death has been extracted”
System40:”A rune of life has been extracted”
System41:”A rune of ice has been extracted”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - Chapters Intro (Patrick has the scripts already)-->ARTOSAI (male only)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 – Game introduction – Duration of ~3 min. (scripts to be done)-->WARLORD4 (male only)
4 – End of Campaign (needs suggestion to start, this is not a priority we could save this for the future)-->WARLORD4 (male only)
5 – New recorded hero voice set: We can have a good male generic voice; a female Fey; a scotish female generic good (perhaps a dwarf, using a male avatar); a Ssrathi female, a female minotaur as Joe suggested long ago, a male daemon/generic monster (ARCTICHAVEN419). Just let people join and all can be settled)

Last edited by Zetoo on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Suggesting roles based on auditions)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello Artosai,

I am glad you decided to hop in. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or directly to me via private messages. What we really need done besides zeto's remarks are the chapter intros. Currently they are voiced by robots and sound unnatural. I'll go look for the scripts (must be a little bit dusty by know geek ). In the meantime, if you have any suggestions about the game, feel free to comment.

Patrick

Back to top Go down
Shrimpyer
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 am

Hi! I'm Amy, I was told to reply to this forum, I'm a new voice actor, and I am eager to see what I can do! So, what can I do? - Shrimpyer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Shrimpyer wrote:
Hi! I'm Amy, I was told to reply to this forum, I'm a new voice actor, and I am eager to see what I can do! So, what can I do? - Shrimpyer

Hi! Shrimpyer Wink
I think you could do point 1 or 2 on the list, or both (that is the most urgent). Let us wait for Patrick the winekiller. He has always the final decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arctichaven419
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Male Voice Actor here.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello guys and gals. I was told to come here and say that I am a male voice actor and I have already been approved by the respected person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Arctichaven419 wrote:
Hello guys and gals. I was told to come here and say that I am a male voice actor and I have already been approved by the respected person.
Hi, Kevin!
Let us wait for Patrick to decide what role can we give you.

Note: I am expecting two more MALE Voice actors (one is a senior player - We could save the End Campaign for him: warlord4484) and two FEMALE will join us soon. (As far as I know, one is a singer! I am not going to send anymore people here):
I am sure we will find room for every one of you! Please wait for organization and Patrick last word.
After hearing most of the auditions, I think we could have F/M only for System. What do you say Patrick (take a look into the list again)?

Last edited by Zetoo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding notes and suggestions to Patrick)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warlord4484
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Senior player, eh? Surprised

I absolutely want to help. My mic is currently loaned to a friend, but I'll be getting it back in a week or so.

Anywhere you want to add me is fine. I think if I have a script to go off of and it's not something that I'm writing I can finish it quickly (lol. I'm still working on my side-quest, I swear! :p).

Do you need links for my work or do you have them? If you've seen some of my youtube vids, I know I can get better quality out of my mic for vocals only, so there won't be so much ambient noise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/etheriantears
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Senior… and Veteran!
Don’t worry about the side quest for now. You have time to do it, since 0.8.5 (upcoming version) will only have a custom example as far as I know.

I know your voice, I love it and I saw your YT so for me you are ready to go. I also know you have knowledge on Equalization and compression, so the only thing we ask is: no distortion (the only thing audio magicians cannot solve, as you know- you are also musician).

Since you are a very eloquent English writer (Warlords is the founder of Etherian Tears and Story writter, for those who ignore - Senior player no doubt!) you could help us on a small written narrative for introduction (see the list up there), as I think we have discussed long ago, and evidently, that role will be yours (this is me suggesting obviously).

And for the future, if Patrick wants to implement a closing campaign Narrative (I think it deserves to teach a lesson to WBC3 campaign! See list again), then we all get in touch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Good job zeto (though stop calling me boss, I don't like that)!

Everyone should send me a sample record at: pay_trick_7@yahoo.com
The script is as follows:

script wrote:
Once a powerful necromancer of the Banewars, the greed for power within Duskshroud's undead soul turned him unruly, disloyal to his creator and ultimately banned from his homeworld, The Realms of Death.
Faced with solitude, needing no food or sleep or shelter to survive, Duskshroud was left but to think, to think of how he can use the knowledge accumulated all these years to enact revenge upon all those who did not obey him centuries ago.
The time for thinking, however, is soon to come at an end...

After I've listened to everyone I will send via e-mail tasks for each according to what needs to be done (info, scripts and plotlines I would rather not divulge to the public yet) - the list zeto posted is for exemplification and open discussion (as is everything on the forum) but things I send through e-mails are exact, private and of high priority.

Feel free to ask any questions. If you have the time and enjoy gaming, you could also try playing the game - it's free and low-spec so it should run on any machine.

Patrick

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm

I will respond to all emails at the end of July. Until then, auditions are open!

Back to top Go down
warlord4484
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
I will respond to all emails at the end of July. Until then, auditions are open!

I just finally got my mic back from my friend. Hope to record in 2 or 3 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/etheriantears
Sophia
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:30 am

Hello! I'm another female voice actor, come to join the fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enigmaticdoodle.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice actors needed   

Back to top Go down

Voice actors needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1