A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:50 pm

This is a kill enemy heroes mission, however, the game crashes upon the death of the first enemy Orc chief. I started the mission from scratch, loaded from prior saves, even managed to save moments after killing an enemy hero only to have it crash, even upon loading that save.

I am playing as an undead necromancer, if that info is relevant. I think the mission is at Khaz Agar? but I could be wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Do you still have the save? If so please provide the herodatatpc.xcr and the hero save file heroname.wb3 in documents/theprotectors/savedgames folder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:17 am

I did not, but I was able to replicate it. How do I send the files?

Also, my hero is equipped with the Mana Bank item, and occasionally when my mana is above my normal limit and I enter my inventory to pick up items and then leave, my mana resets back to my base mana, then starts regenerating the bonus mana provided by the item.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:33 am

You can send them to my email: pay_trick_7[at]yahoo[dot]com
I'll look into that bugged item.

Back to top Go down
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:55 am

Thanks, files are sent. The save will load with a hoard of zombies battling the First Orc Hero, and he should die a few seconds into the game loading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:59 am

The mana issue is a vanilla game issues. I remember reporting that "somewhere", but can't recall where exactly. But I fear it was on the now-lost Battlefield forums.

Needless to say, it happens with any item that increases maximum mana.

*Added to the wiki so I don't forget about it again*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 am

Um... the battlefield forums are still working. You can even log into your old account. http://archiv.the-battlefield.com/forum/index.php?showforum=40&s=5863c29e27491dee91fc93a1d108fbbd

Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 am

But is it safe? The last 2 times I went there, Avast went crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Also, and my apologies if this has been noted already, search failed to find it, but I believe the item Sickle of the Pit Lord (? I think that's what it called) has an incorrect description, it sounds like it belongs to the Loop of the Pit lord(?) as it mentions a ring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Also, as undead, the dark mithril upgrade doesn't increase the hero's melee damage, but does increase their armor. Also, is it supposed to increase all melee damage, including from summoned, non undead monsters/ones received from quests?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:08 pm

KomSK wrote:
Also, and my apologies if this has been noted already, search failed to find it, but I believe the item Sickle of the Pit Lord (? I think that's what it called) has an incorrect description, it sounds like it belongs to the Loop of the Pit lord(?) as it mentions a ring.

This was fixed for 0.8.6 already, but thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:20 am

KomSK wrote:
Also, as undead, the dark mithril upgrade doesn't increase the hero's melee damage, but does increase their armor. Also, is it supposed to increase all melee damage, including from summoned, non undead monsters/ones received from quests?

I've checked this and for the current 0.8.6dev version, the only ones not affected by Mithril/dark mithril are heroes and dragons (they don’t receive damage bonus, only armour – I know what you’re thinking…); titans (don’t receive any damage/armour bonus); fliers (naturally, succubuses and daemons are not receiving any damage bonus) and boats (for a reason…).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KomSK
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:25 am

Zetoo wrote:
I've checked this and for the current 0.8.6dev version, the only ones not affected by Mithril/dark mithril are heroes and dragons (they don’t receive damage bonus, only armour – I know what you’re thinking…); titans (don’t receive any damage/armour bonus); fliers (naturally, succubuses and daemons are not receiving any damage bonus) and boats (for a reason…).

Ok, I was a bit confused, as I thought an undead monk would be interesting due to the early access to it, but was quite saddened to see it doesn't work that way. I understand the reasoning though. Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone   

Back to top Go down

WB3 Campaign Crash: Two Orcs, One Stone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1