A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Qustions to 0.8.6 changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-09-27
Location : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 am

Okay, 0.8.6 changed a lot in game. I don't want create new topic for every question which will come on my mind, thus I will keep using this one.

Also, anyone else, feel free to use this topic to ask too.

My questions:
1) Is Arcane magic gone? It seems like Time magic replaced arcane everywhere.

2) What was reason to remove pyromancy from Deamons? Pyromancy works well for deamons from fantasy point.

3) Proficiency, Education. Do I understand it right my units will get 2exp for killing units when my hero got level 10? Or how it does work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
avatar

Posts : 326
Join date : 2014-08-20
Location : The Candlekeep Inn

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 am

No worries! I can answer those Smile

Mealstorm wrote:
1) Is Arcane magic gone? It seems like Time magic replaced arcane everywhere.
For the moment, Arcane Magic exists only in items. The spell sphere was problematic with all related spellcasters. The bonuses it gave out applied to itself, so it ended up infinitely doubling itself and breaking the game. Arcane Magic may come back later, but if it does it will be almost completely different.

Mealstorm wrote:
2) What was reason to remove pyromancy from Deamons? Pyromancy works well for deamons from fantasy point.
All spell spheres were removed from races because they were promoting synergistic spell sphere choice and providing spells to non-spellcaster classes. The aim of the current hero system is to provide players with more class choices, so the game is less about picking the perfect pair-up. Synergy combos will still exist, we just don't want them to dominate other choices so much, and removing spell spheres from races is a step closer towards this goal.

Mealstorm wrote:
3) Proficiency, Education. Do I understand it right my units will get 2exp for killing units when my hero got level 10? Or how it does work?
Yep, that should be what it does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-09-27
Location : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Mealstorm wrote:
3) Proficiency, Education. Do I understand it right my units will get 2exp for killing units when my hero got level 10? Or how it does work?
Yep, that should be what it does.[/quote]

Its called Knowledge and not Education lol.
Anyway it doesn't work to me. Dunno if it was because of Knights upgrades but my units were getting 6 xp per kill with all 5 exp upgrades and they should get certainly more with lvl 35 hero who got Knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-09-27
Location : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:10 am

Okay i tried to play Swarm and I get just 1 exp although I got level 37 hero with knowledge.

I think it was right choice to remove arcane magic. It was really OP.

I can see why you removed spell trees from races. Perhaps more interesting traits could be added. I find smelting on Deamons very unappealing, especialy compared to invulnerability, which Deamons lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-09-27
Location : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:44 am

I kinda keep talking here just by myself and more than questions I got couple things I would like to adress.

1) Rune magic. I think this spell sphere is under used. I think nobody but Runemaster currently use this sphere. Prevously at least dwarves had it in their skills. Okay I understand all races got spell spheres removed. But it also was removed from elementalist and for some strange reason replaced by nature magic. Ehm earth magic seems to me make more sense than nature magic for elementalist right? It was quite rare magic before and now it is almost not existing.

2) Knights did get 2 best fighting skills - invulnerability and mightly blow, thus they can build good fighter from pretty much anyone. Which would not be such problem if there weren't classes like healer and priest with OP elcor's aura.

Since there is no point to increase healing over several hundreds points and you can avoid spending tons of points into healing magic and ritual just by spending several points into Elcor's aura. You can pretty much build up great healer and fighter in 1 hero.

I got the lvl 38 Knight Healer and I can pretty much heal whole army with 1 group heal (with some extreme exceptions) and at same time I am able to smash anything around and I am more than capable to fight Warriors of my level even without healing myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
avatar

Posts : 326
Join date : 2014-08-20
Location : The Candlekeep Inn

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:15 pm

It would appear the Knowledge proficiency isn't working correctly. Should be fixable by next patch.

Mealstorm wrote:
I can see why you removed spell trees from races. Perhaps more interesting traits could be added. I find smelting on Deamons very unappealing, especialy compared to invulnerability, which Deamons lost.
This, like Minotaur Smelting is pretty much filler. These will become unique racial merchant style options in time.

Mealstorm wrote:
1) But it also was removed from elementalist and for some strange reason replaced by nature magic. Ehm earth magic seems to me make more sense than nature magic for elementalist right? It was quite rare magic before and now it is almost not existing.
You've spotted a future patch change! Smile Nature Magic will make some sense when a new class-specific perk is made. Rune Magic might come back to the Elementalist, it depends what happens when that perk gets made. Rune Magic itself is going to go through some changes too and there are plans for more Rune Magic classes.

Mealstorm wrote:
2) Knights did get 2 best fighting skills - invulnerability and mightly blow, thus they can build good fighter from pretty much anyone. Which would not be such problem if there weren't classes like healer and priest with OP elcor's aura.
This is as you say, entirely down to an overpowered Healing Magic and Elcor's Aura. It should be fixable by next patch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:49 am

I think the only reason Nature Magic was added to the Elementalist is because of it's 10th spell which allows the summoning of any elemental unit. This is surely a temporary measure.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-09-27
Location : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:45 am

Am I on drugs or wearing aura sphere is eating away your mana if you are at 0 crystals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Qustions to 0.8.6 changes   

Back to top Go down
 
Qustions to 0.8.6 changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: