A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:03 pm

My fiancee and I have been playing this new version, which is fantastic (as always!)
However, we seem to have encountered a CTD error.
Our game runs fine, and we complete whatever match we are in. We both get to the XP screen, but she crashes when pressing the thumb button. (I have no CTD crashes thus far). When she crashes, she loses the items and her XP, which is, of course, a little irksome.

She is using an Empire Merchant with Tinman XP Gain, playing on Win7 64 bit OS.
We've played on random and on custom made maps, so it's not a map specific issue. What is frustrating is this happens about 1/3 of the time. Sometimes there's a CTD, other times there is not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Is this when she's defeated or does this happen with any multiplayer match?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:32 pm

This happens in any multiplayer match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:45 am

Is she running the game as admin? It sounds like a failure to write/save data crash. I have been playing TPC for years on a win 7 64 bit os with no problems. We might need specific hardware details.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 am

My first thought is that this is the "crash on multiplayer-defeat".

If it's only in multiplayer and only when defeated, then it's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexhandr
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:31 pm

It's not a defeat though. We've been fighting vs AI and we're winning. We haven't had a defeat yet.
She is running it in Windows 7 64 bit and in admin mode and set compatibility to XP SP3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresk42
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Maybe I can help on this a bit. My brother my girlfriend, and myself all play together. Each time we play, there's a large chance that at least one of us will crash where we can see "You have gained x levels" but can't press buttons, and it tells us that there's an error and The Protectors has to close. My brother and I are skilled in computers, and if you know where we should be looking, we might be able to pull information you could use, or.. better yet, if this problem is already solved, I'd love to hear how. Thank you so much guys

Last edited by Kresk42 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresk42
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:38 am

I can't seem to replicate the problem when playing single player (C. Campaign). So it may be a multiplayer problem. Also, it can freeze for both client or host (on multiplayer), so I'm not thinking it's a connectivity issue or anything. I've only seen it freeze on one person at a time, but I think that's just a coincidence.

We ran Cavern Wars several times 2v1 (2 player 1 AI), just opening, killing the enemy, and winning. we left items on the ground (we suspected the auto-pickup after the game may have been a problem) but it wouldn't freeze. So it only seems to freeze on longer/larger games. Also, not that it seems important enough to fix, but items can be cloned by the auto-pickup.

I ran multiplayer skirmish with no other players (1v1 AI) several times on the same map, also without freezing. I was running it through multiplayer gamemode, rather than singleplayer to see if it was related.

It froze earlier on a 4 player map (Wheel of Fortune), 2v2 after a victory, two Undead AI, a Fey. and a Swarm. It was a medium length game, we didn't even get our bases to level 4. The client froze, it didn't say why; It did the basic freezing stuff 'this program has crashed blah blah trying to find why' then it just closes. We can't think of anything of particular that happened odd in that game.

We both have Windows 10, and we run it with Compatibility for Windows XP SP2, Reduced color (8-bit), Disable Display Scaling, and run as Admin. We have both deleted our My Documents/The Protectors Folder and uninstalled/reinstalled the game straight from the newest patch. We've run both Lan and Internet, but the freeze today was Lan.

Also I feel like I'm being annoying by randomly posting stuff (or editing messages in this case) so if you want me to stop posting, or post elsewhere, just let me know. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:49 am

I fear bugs like this might still exist in the dev build of 0.8.7. We've flagged Multiplayer itself as a critical bug but there's so many different bugs which are difficult to fix at the moment that I'm not sure if the Multiplayer issues will be fixed. I feel it's kind of a shame to ruin it by not supporting Multiplayer though.

The item cloning I think was done on purpose. However (allied) players picking up items on the map wasn't considered so it's currently best just to leave 'lootable' items on the ground so all winning players get them. They should probably just get dished out randomly instead, giving the first item to the player which did the worst (out of those which won).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Fixed in 0.8.7. Topic closed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.8.6 Crash on Level Exit   

Back to top Go down