A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fire Support/Healing Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JPUlisses
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Fire Support/Healing Class   Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello, I wanted to suggest a class that I was thinking with certain skill combos that are no longer possible.
For example Elcor's Aura + Pyromancy.  Before this combo was possible by using Minotaur Healer. A new class could be created for this purpose.

The reasoning with this is that cauterize can heal and Pyromancy has quite a few support abilities, thus making a "Healer"/"Paladin" without healing magic, imagine a Crusader/Templar/Inquisitor of righteous fire.
Another class feeling could be regeneration of flames, present as well in the priest through Regeneration skill because of the healing, in this fiery class it could be changed to Energy skill, regenerating mana (regenerating fire like a phoenix), thus enabling more holy flame.

Pyromancy Support abilities:
Soul Flame Increases the XP of units within your command radius by 5 + 5x up to a maximum of 10x.

Cauterize Heals units within your command radius by 25x points. 8
Resist Fire Makes units within your command radius highly resistant to Fire-based
attacks, granting them 25x Fire resistance for x minutes.

Firebreath Gives nearby non-caster units ranged Fire attacks, dealing 5 + 5x points of Fire damage at a range of 4. Lasts 1 minute +30x seconds.

Berserker Sets Fire to friendly units and makes them Fight better, granting them
additional 4 + x combat and 3 + 2x speed for 2x minutes.

The class skills would be:
Level 1:

Pyromancy (+1)
Smite Evil  (+1)

Level 5:
Elcor's Aura

Level 15:
Energy

Level 25:
Witch Hunter or Constitution

Stats:
The starting stats could be: -2Dex and +1 Str +1 Int or something similar. The idea of him being strong in meele is to be able to support his troops and cast pillar of fire.

Class gameplay:

The idea of the class is to play with low level Pyromancy spells, and buff them with other skills, either damage or healing. Energy should help in casting spells more often. So to find a proper balance of all the skills is where the fun is at.

Last edited by JPUlisses on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check on title)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Fire Support/Healing Class   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:23 am

Well, we've redesigned (and redesigning) the Pyromancy Magic sphere to be more aggressive and damage dealing, so not sure how relevant is having a support class with this skill. The Ice Magic spell sphere on the other hand got more utility spells, so maybe we could replace it with that in your class design.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
JPUlisses
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Fire Support/Healing Class   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:42 am

RIP Cauterize healing dream. ? Although the only skill that is important for this combo is Cauterize for healing and perhaps Soul Flame.

How about the Witchhunter/smite evil Pyromancy damage buffs? Aka Holy Fire Inquisitor style?

I can see some Water magic healing, which perhaps could be included in ice? or will it be pure ice support as in protection buffs and such?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Fire Support/Healing Class   Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:28 am

It's Soul Flame and Berserker that got changed. I think the rest will remain so your dream may still come true!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
JPUlisses
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Fire Support/Healing Class   Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:46 am

Nice! Burn in righteous fire! sunny

The start of this class at level 1 is to use the first fire spell and with smite evil damage boost, burn a bunch of skeletons!

I think Soul Flame might be a bit overpowered, so in a way good that it got removed I guess.

The essence of this class is pretty much fiery combos of Damage spells + Smite Evil/Witch Hunter and Cauterize + Elcor's Aura with Energy. With those I will be very happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Support/Healing Class   

Back to top Go down

Fire Support/Healing Class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1