A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Diplomacy within the conquest campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pitchfork
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Diplomacy within the conquest campaign   Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:01 pm

So I was just kind of wonderin whether it is possible to somehow turn the effect of losing your faction within the conquest campaign off if you're no longer allied with them like it is in the vanilla game.

Normally I wouldn't have any problems with this, as it doesn't affect the classic campaign for example.

However, if you guys have played the conquest campaign before you might have noted that you're gaining a reputation loss for almost every map you are playing on fighting other races, which leads me into having to quit every map i am playing on as soon as i see even a hint of an ai having the same faction i have.
If i don't, and i actually play these maps i will loose access to my own faction, leaving my hero completely to fight on his own and the need to reset the whole campaign if I didn't conquer any other faction before.

Which leads to the second problem, in this campaign you are able to conquer other nations and fore them to ally with you, but doing so also means that you will need to quit every map on which you see that particular faction present or else you'll revert them back to friendly, neutral or foe, removing them from your list of playable factions.
This would lead anyone who has forced a couple of factions into submission to having to quit almost every map he is playing on if he sees one of them present, unless he wants to screw up all of his effort he has put into unlocking them.

The other solution would be if i edit the customcampaign.xcr and remove any negative diplomacy points from every map, but doing so might screw up some parts of the campaign that where meant to turn allies into foes, having them ambush you and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: Diplomacy within the conquest campaign   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:14 am

I think I remember something like this. I had to keep taking out the same capitals to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: Diplomacy within the conquest campaign   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:27 am

If you upset your last ally, just go and befriend them back, by yourself. Some maps are not so hard to beat with just your hero, retinue and mercenaries.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Almondum
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Diplomacy within the conquest campaign   Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 am

Hello folks,

I don't want to give spoilers, but there is a way around.
As Patrick hinted, there are special missions that do not negatively affect diplomacy status, they only increase the relationship with the faction that is asking for assistance. There is a small detail though, you might have to help them more than once to gain their trust.

I never lost diplomacy ranks with any faction after finishing their "defense" mission (the one that comes automaticly once you arrive to a capital of a non-allied faction). Within the capital, sometimes there are missions that help you gain favor.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diplomacy within the conquest campaign   

Back to top Go down

Diplomacy within the conquest campaign
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1