A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My game crashes every time I win a match/mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colexiel
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 am

So basically in the C. Campaign, Skirmish and normal Campaign the game crashes every time I win a mission.

I have no idea why this happens but I can not progress at all.

I have done the following: Uninstalled and reinstalled, troubleshooted and tested compatibility and now I am re downloading the mod and going to reinstall it.

In the event that doesn't work could someone please help me, a friend told me about this mod and so far it is really fun.

Update: Re downloaded the thing, tested the compatibility, no dice.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:52 am

Are you running the game with admin rights? Are your heroes being saved? Can you lose a mission without any issues?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Colexiel
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:21 am

Yes I can forfeit a mission/battle and have it not crash, and my hero data does not seem to be messed up when it does crash, if anything I think he keeps any XP gained from the mission/battle but because the game crashes I can not allocate any of the skill points he gets from the level ups.

Another thing to note is that I do not keep any items I pick up from the mission if the game crashes.

Edit: Yes I had been running the game as an admin, but recently the program does not start and I have only been able to play when testing compatibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 am

Sounds like the spoils of war system is causing it (victors collect items at the end of the battle). What is the last screen you see before the crash?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Colexiel
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:28 am

The battlefield is the last "screen" I see when it crashes. The game crashes usually around the time the lady says "You're Victorious" only to be cut off and the whole game crash.

Edit: So I did some testing and at first I opened the chests and looked at the loot, equipped one item to see it's effect but I put it back, crashed after winning the mission. Second time around I completely ignored the chests and completed the mission, it still crashed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intikhab
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Colexiel bug is fixed by following the guide I made.
http://the-protectors.forumstopic.com/t352-how-to-run-wbc-series-stably-on-modern-setups

He had to install Microsoft distributions of C++ of years 2005 and 2008 both versions x86 and x64. And also had to install directx 9.0c. And change his resolution to proper one that is compatible with his screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Any chance those packages could be included in the default Protectors installer?

A reliable TPC install is a happy TPC install! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Colexiel
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 am

Alright, guess I should say the problem was fixed, I just didn't have some extra stuff downloaded is all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My game crashes every time I win a match/mission   

Back to top Go down

My game crashes every time I win a match/mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1