A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Crashing Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minos
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-18

PostSubject: Crashing Problem   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Hello.

New to the forum, new to The Protectors, veteran of WBC, my system is Windows 10.

I've done a lot of reading on the limited posts within the forum about my issue but cannot seem to pinpoint any actual area directly related to my issue, but I am hoping you can help me hopefully.

Directly to the point now; The game starts and opens to the menu fine, the point of crash is the same every time, I load a map (skirmish) and after I click the 1st notification I receive after loading past unit selection pre-battle it crashes HOWEVER I have noticed one thing in particular, if I start with NO 'army' (0 points) the map will load I can convert buildings and build buildings but the moment I create my 1st unit the game crashes.

So it has something to do with the Units that is causing my game to crash can you help me resolve this please I reallllly want to play this game as I LOVE WBC 3 but....you can only replay and replay it so many times before it becomes really stale...

I have read through this post entirely "How to run WBC series stably on modern setups" and have tried/installed/changed everything I can that the thread recommends but I am still not getting anywhere beyond the current crashing area.

Can anyone help me please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imonibus
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Minos wrote:
Hello.

New to the forum, new to The Protectors, veteran of WBC, my system is Windows 10.

I've done a lot of reading on the limited posts within the forum about my issue but cannot seem to pinpoint any actual area directly related to my issue, but I am hoping you can help me hopefully.

Directly to the point now; The game starts and opens to the menu fine, the point of crash is the same every time, I load a map (skirmish) and after I click the 1st notification I receive after loading past unit selection pre-battle it crashes HOWEVER I have noticed one thing in particular, if I start with NO 'army' (0 points) the map will load I can convert buildings and build buildings but the moment I create my 1st unit the game crashes.

So it has something to do with the Units that is causing my game to crash can you help me resolve this please I reallllly want to play this game as I LOVE WBC 3 but....you can only replay and replay it so many times before it becomes really stale...

I have read through this post entirely "How to run WBC series stably on modern setups" and have tried/installed/changed everything I can that the thread recommends but I am still not getting anywhere beyond the current crashing area.

Can anyone help me please?

Did you, by any chance, install the mod over a WBCIII folder? That's what I did my first time and I had almost the same issue - I had invisible units and mostly crashing when something happens to them.

The Protectors is a stand-alone mod which is a diplomatic way of saying "we created an almost entirely new game". You don't even need to have WBCIII to play it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minos
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Imonibus wrote:

Did you, by any chance, install the mod over a WBCIII folder? That's what I did my first time and I had almost the same issue - I had invisible units and mostly crashing when something happens to them.

The Protectors is a stand-alone mod which is a diplomatic way of saying "we created an almost entirely new game". You don't even need to have WBCIII to play it.

Hello Imonibus thanks for responding.

No I didn't install it over/in the WBC3 folder because I think I read about that in the Sticky: How to run WBC series stably on modern setups

But thanks for responding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imonibus
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 am

Minos wrote:
Imonibus wrote:

Did you, by any chance, install the mod over a WBCIII folder? That's what I did my first time and I had almost the same issue - I had invisible units and mostly crashing when something happens to them.

The Protectors is a stand-alone mod which is a diplomatic way of saying "we created an almost entirely new game". You don't even need to have WBCIII to play it.

Hello Imonibus thanks for responding.

No I didn't install it over/in the WBC3 folder because I think I read about that in the Sticky: How to run WBC series stably on modern setups

But thanks for responding.

Well it does sound like corrupt or unreadable unit files. I can see several possible solutions:

1) Redownload/reinstall the game.
2) Did you by any chance install it into a program files directory? I've heard that post Win7 that's a terrible idea due to some security changes.
3) A far fetched idea but I had a similar problem with Skyrim - maybe your GPU drivers are forcing something like MSAA or the like? Try disabling those.|

Also, I'm 100% certain that you've done it but double check if it's running in compatibility mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minos
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Imonibus wrote:

Well it does sound like corrupt or unreadable unit files. I can see several possible solutions:

1) Redownload/reinstall the game.
2) Did you by any chance install it into a program files directory? I've heard that post Win7 that's a terrible idea due to some security changes.
3) A far fetched idea but I had a similar problem with Skyrim - maybe your GPU drivers are forcing something like MSAA or the like? Try disabling those.|

Also, I'm 100% certain that you've done it but double check if it's running in compatibility mode.

1) Re-downloading the game will be quite the hassle I know its not a large file but for some reason I couldn't download it direct from the site and had to go through piratebay and it took me....4days to download.
2) I stored 'The Protectors' folder in my Programs Files (x86) folder.
3) I am using Nividia Geforce GTX750Ti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

If buildings are working properly, then the only reason for the units not to, that I see at least, is corrupted file(s) and/or memory allocation failure.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Imonibus
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Minos wrote:
Imonibus wrote:

Well it does sound like corrupt or unreadable unit files. I can see several possible solutions:

1) Redownload/reinstall the game.
2) Did you by any chance install it into a program files directory? I've heard that post Win7 that's a terrible idea due to some security changes.
3) A far fetched idea but I had a similar problem with Skyrim - maybe your GPU drivers are forcing something like MSAA or the like? Try disabling those.|

Also, I'm 100% certain that you've done it but double check if it's running in compatibility mode.

1) Re-downloading the game will be quite the hassle I know its not a large file but for some reason I couldn't download it direct from the site and had to go through piratebay and it took me....4days to download.
2) I stored 'The Protectors' folder in my Programs Files (x86) folder.
3) I am using Nividia Geforce GTX750Ti


In case you actually need to redownload the game, I'll get the torrent up for seeding. I have pretty good upload (a few megabytes per second), so it shouldn't take long.

Though, that'll have to wait until I get home.

P.S. In the future I would advise against installing any games into any Program Files folders in Win10. Almost every modding, cracking and all the like guides recommend against it. I'm not too sure why or if it's truly that important, but I don't like swimming against a river.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minos
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm attempting to download it again but I will just put it on the desktop this time rather than in any windows folder.

EDIT: The download speed is still extremely slow even though I have decent internet (100MB/s DL) but the DL speed fluctuates between 10kbs to 40kbs with an estimated completion time of 15h-20h.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minos
Squire
Squire
avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Completely removed previous game.

Installed new download of game.

Open skirmish game to play / test.

Started map with 0 army points, opened fine and able to create first building base and convert local mines, created first builder fine, decided to close map and try again with different method.

Opened same map skirmish loaded except this time I had 100 army points, loaded map and just after loading game crashed.

Something is wrong with units in large quantities, as I mentioned I created 1 builder in the 1st map and that did not crash the game but upon starting with 100points the game crashed once map loaded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Sometimes going with 100 ASP does indeed cause a crash. I'll see what I can do about that.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Crashing Problem   

Back to top Go down
 
Crashing Problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» problem with the game : no control over the moves of the pc
» Stat RP Battlefield Problem
» Matrix problem with new Battlenet
» Another toyota problem
» Probability Lesson 3: The Monty Hall Problem

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: