A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rodmar18
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs   Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 am

Hello,
Here are some ideas taken from eSPee's TFH changelogs. Hence, it's more a remainder than original suggestions.

1. Vanilla v1.03.25 granted Basilisks, a cold-region monster, to the hot jungle people, the Ssrathi. If Stone collection is still a concern in TPC for this faction, why not having the Naga act like a Medusa and petrify its foes?
  2. Sprites, Moonguards, and The Forest Master share the same 'Silver arrow' missile effect. And that's all? Why not associate either an increased critical chance, or a 'guiding' effect against moving targets, or an associated magic damage, the same way fire an/or poison can be associated to arrows? Missile resistant units would still resist the damage, but then, the remaining damage would be of magic type, and generally not resisted.
  3. The idea of having either the Reaver or the Warlord cast down lightning is interesting, and quite fit, lore-wise, but how to balance it?
  4. Some units (Reaver? Berserker?) could have a stat increase the more the come near death (either combat or attack speed), or else have the (fatal) habit to become enraged (inflamed) when they reach 25% health.
  5. Instead of having the Halberdier grant +1 Morale to its side, Elephant could grant +2 Morale. Building 30+ Halberdiers is something possible while building more than 8 Elephant is quite challenging, even if I don't know TPC's support system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs   Sat May 20, 2017 4:47 am

Rodmar18 wrote:

Vanilla v1.03.25 granted Basilisks, a cold-region monster, to the hot jungle people, the Ssrathi. If Stone collection is still a concern in TPC for this faction, why not having the Naga act like a Medusa and petrify its foes?
No need to worry, this is fine now.

Rodmar18 wrote:

[*]Sprites, Moonguards, and The Forest Master share the same 'Silver arrow' missile effect. And that's all? Why not associate either an increased critical chance, or a 'guiding' effect against moving targets, or an associated magic damage, the same way fire an/or poison can be associated to arrows? Missile resistant units would still resist the damage, but then, the remaining damage would be of magic type, and generally not resisted.
Agreed, it would be nice if they had a special ability. Perhaps we can tie this in with a potential 'Flaming Arrows' style upgrade for the Longbowmen (except for silver arrows).

Rodmar18 wrote:

[*]The idea of having either the Reaver or the Warlord cast down lightning is interesting, and quite fit, lore-wise, but how to balance it?
There's something like this in lore?

Rodmar18 wrote:

[*]Some units (Reaver? Berserker?) could have a stat increase the more the come near death (either combat or attack speed), or else have the (fatal) habit to become enraged (inflamed) when they reach 25% health.
We are considering the same sort of idea for the Dwarven race (the ability could be referred to as Dwarven Stubbornness Wink ).

Rodmar18 wrote:

[*]Instead of having the Halberdier grant +1 Morale to its side, Elephant could grant +2 Morale. Building 30+ Halberdiers is something possible while building more than 8 Elephant is quite challenging, even if I don't know TPC's support system.
It definitely would be harder to pull off a Morale combo with Elephants. Regardless, I'd still be concerned that it would have too much impact. I don't think anyone else on the Discord channel or the forums wants units to give Morale anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Rodmar18
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs   Tue May 30, 2017 5:10 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:

There's something like this in lore?
Not to my knowledge. Only thing we both know is that Tempest is a storm-related deity and that he seems to deal with mighty reavers (or warlords?) through a few items' description texts (e.g. "Tempest gave this sword to..."). So, it would "fit" but it would still be an extrapolation, as it isn't implied at all.

Joe the Bartender wrote:

I don't think anyone else on the Discord channel or the forums wants units to give Morale anymore.
If Halberdiers are not to be given a Morale bonus for balance reason, then I understand that it shouldn't be given to any other unit either, except perhaps the most costly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions based on TFH's changelogs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1