A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello there.

Well, which class do you like the most and in combination with which race and why? Which combination would be ... comfortable - not to say easy - for a ... beginner?

I kinda suck at this game except at no-brain-darkelf-assassin-spam-fullyupgraded-archers-and-wisps-if-you-cannot-proceed-by-assassination so some inspiration would be nice Very Happy I played WBC all the years here and then, never really got hold of it (because the original campaign is just milked like the final fantasy franchise) and somehow then never really had any favourite or long term character.

Also I am kinda curious about what to do after the campaign because normally I am absolutely no PVP type, tbh I hate PVP from the bottom of my black caffeine soul. lol!

Some people might suggest to try things out by myself, but I always loved going after ideas I like more than trial and error in another way - I am a weird person Razz

For now that's it because while writing I forgot half of my questions - duh.

Cheers ^^

edit#1: What does morale do? Because I am actually trying fey merchant and found that cursed chestpiece with +3X (33 or similar) but it decreases morale by 20 or 25. If my hero actually only sits in the base, my units wont have any morale bonus infight somewhere else anyways but as far as I remember morale also increases something off the command radius ô.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General9913
Lord
Lord

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 am

Well, I always liked the Knight Paladin class. I believe it's a good class for beginners as well.

Yeah, I'm not a PvP player either.

About morale, check it out: http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/MoraleGM
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deadlock.wikia.com/wiki/Deadlock:_Gallius_IV
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:08 am

I've read that article but I just totally semignored the fact about army limit and global? attackspeed xD
Thanks for reminding me to read more carefully.

Well, Knight Paladin. Then I am basically an fighting unicorn, wandering off with my army and converting enemy buildings for the fun of it (always liked to do that with merchant before my army came and stomped them, because no workers = less stress and less army reproduction for the enemy, an command radius off the actual screen is very useful to that purpose). I kinda find knights appealing,however their buildings make my ocd silent, I like them. Can I ignore siege weapons there too? Because always hated slow siege weapons because they tend to die fast and I am bad at micro ^^

Edit: Currently trying undead necromancer. Shes level 10 and got some lucky finds like ring of the liche and some other useful stuff Very Happy

Edit2: Don't like undead anymore, I loathe the fact that I cannot morph shadows anymore :/ Strenght of them was, that they actually only have to produce skelettons to be effective but now...

Edit3: I really don't find the wiki useful by now, because all the class mentions and combinations are not useful in regard of TPC. Wanted to try welves but their ranged units are not superior anymore in comparison with any other ranged units. Mh... Hard to find a hero/race that satisfies me. Plus it is really difficult for me to find a hero class that fits my needs. If I choose an all powerfull warrior /fighter class, I don't need to play RTS. If  I choose to play necro/summon, I get overrun by for example barbarians because I am too slow. If I choose something like merchant, I get killed easily because its hard for me to rely on generals + besides ressource production it doesn't has any further use. Gaaaah, I am so complicated and dumb lol!

ps: Its all about c.campaign and eventually skirmish vs and with AI later on.
What my plan is to play easy difficulty and normal mode first, because I am not that good at any RTS besides Spellforce. Then, when the campaign is finished at easy and normal, I wanted to replay the campaign with raising difficulty, with the same hero. Thats where my problem is. I don't know which class/race (I really don't like switching races, if I am for example High Elf Paladin, I want to play the helves and not the dwarves.) actually is good or better saying "easy" for that purpose, since it has to deal with all other races and the hero shouldn't die easily while still useful for base building/sitting, without being able to rush a map with hero only. Also many magic spheres don't really appeal to me and some races seem to be outright weak. Duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Almondum
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 am

Hello,

I always roll an Empire Healer. I enjoy having a moonguard and an archon in my garrison. When I unlock more slots, I also use a Minotaur King and Pit Fiend.
I enjoy the versatility of empire race and the support of a healer for higher level units. Once my healer healing potency is good enough, I switch to building up his combat.
Protectors skirmish mode is nice, I never get bored with it (campaign has been completed so many times now)

Have fun!
Almondum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Trying this and that the whole time. Actually trying Swarm Merchant but some maps like barbarian assault just seems to be impossible. Minotaur rogue was fun for a while but they are stupidly slow, so I got bored of it. I must confess that I rarely like to depend on "early weak units" and rather spend time and ressources on building advanced buildings/research and later on go for a stampede with elite minions lol! Is working on many maps if your retinue and hero fits the role of an early meat shield, but since I play the original campaign atm because I am tired of "Just Sack anything" and the first stupid sundered island mission... Well lets say I got my ass handed to me more often than it should be. In the original campaign I felt the need for cheating items like the full royal rune set pretty often (Merchant chars, swarm, fey) so I probably will play c.camp again... U.u

Last edited by LibraExAnima on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:11 am

LibraExAnima wrote:
Plus it is really difficult for me to find a hero class that fits my needs. If I choose an all powerfull warrior /fighter class, I don't need to play RTS. If  I choose to play necro/summon, I get overrun by for example barbarians because I am too slow. If I choose something like merchant, I get killed easily because its hard for me to rely on generals + besides ressource production it doesn't has any further use. Gaaaah, I am so complicated and dumb lol!

Deathknights, Lichelords and Warlocks are all good picks for a warrior/spellcaster hybrid hero.  A Rogue might be a more amiable option if a fighter/merchant hybrid is wanted. Bard, Paladin, Ranger and Thief are also decent hybrid options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:16 am

Thanks for the suggestions.
Indeed I tried minotaur rogue (wrote ranger above, forgot to edit it) and it was kinda fun, especially the pillage ability. Got wrecked when fighting against undead when I didn't have a melee weapon at hand xD

About the empire... Mercenaries don't use food, don't they? Because it is research and no production per sé? Sooo... basically I can hold out and produce regular army for defense and then produce mercenaries and crush the enemy when I am at it ô.o Sounds like an option... What helped me much as merchant was assassins blade, 7% assassination isn't really weak (orins mace (the set or just boots and mace) if it is no hero vs hero map, other than that reload until assassinated). Maybe I give empire another try.

I only always fear, that AI will produce titans too fast and I got hardly wrecked by barbarian swarms when I built up too slow as high elf and tempest just did something like "I just came in like a rainboooooow... *Swings on wrecking ball*" with my tower wall lol! But titans aren't that all powerful like in vanilla anymore right? Except titans like sirian who are hilariously strong (160 dmg, ignores armor, almost 2000 hp vs 80 dmg, ignores armor, 800 hp - but ranged or flying - *looking at master of woods*).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes   

Back to top Go down

Questions about Gameplay/Races/Classes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1