A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SgtMajPwn
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 pm

This happens about every other Skirmish, the game plays as normal but I have to guess at how much of each res I have. Restarting the game usually fixes it, almost unplayable otherwise.

Noted a few others that I wont make individual threads for:

Command radius (CTRL+R) is a hit or miss on hero, unapparent on generals (vampire, orc giant guy, etc.). Also hard to play without.

Other hot keys failing such as using (B) or (W) with a worker, which is rather essential for fast game play.

So far the mod is great, I prefer the makeover to the remodeling styles such as The Fifth Horsemen.
I''ll post any more bugs I come across, beta's are still being released right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SgtMajPwn
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Also I encountered an error upon entering Campaign mode, apparently the betas are not compatible yet? I read this mod was targeted largely at Campaign mods, was a bit disappointed to see incompatibility

Doom knight is no more? The playability of Undead is greatly decreased by this. I also didn't see the wraith/shadow units which could attack air units. (I suppose the bone defenders replaced them, terrible trade off)
Undead is pretty much crippled until you upgrade the keep and build the library to unlock Liches, which are not offered as a potential morphing unit; in the original, you could see a gray highlight of the unit along with the prerequisite for building it, only my knowledge of the race allowed me to pursue it..less experience players would assume there was no Liche and essentially hate the race.

The name generator is a nice feature, I usually used my own names until they were revamped. Unfortunately for the Dark Elves (and possibly other races) changing the character to the male does not offer a male name. Minor bug but worthy of mention.

New portraits would be easy to design, I could create them if they would be implemented into the mod.

Inability to upgrade hero in game is sort of a peeve, part of the fun in making a massive skirmish is to amass levels and upgrades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Thank you for your report. I will be fixing those bugs ASAP.
Unfortunately, the campaign mode and the in-game leveling up are currently locked due to several reasons, one of them being not functioning properly. If you are interested in single player stories however, you should check the Chapters play-mode. Although there are just the Prologue and the Undead chapter currently available, we occasionally add more through updates. A tiny part of the story is also revealed in the tutorial.
Balancing races is something we're aiming at, and the undead has been so far clearly the most discussed race. Tweaks need to be done and suggestions from the community help a lot here. We should debate more on the Balance Issues topic.
We would gladly add more portraits if they fit the original game's look. Feel free to send me an e-mail with your works and we'll add them to the next patch. (pay_trick_7atyahoodotcom)

Patrick

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:53 pm

SgtMajPwn wrote:

Undead is pretty much crippled until you upgrade the keep and build the library to unlock Liches, which are not offered as a potential morphing unit; in the original, you could see a gray highlight of the unit along with the prerequisite for building it, only my knowledge of the race allowed me to pursue it..less experience players would assume there was no Liche and essentially hate the race.
Not sure I understand what you mean here. There is a gray button Morph to Liche when selecting wights and a gray Library in the building panel. Both specify the requirements for those options to be enabled.

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:42 am

SgtMajPwn wrote:

Command radius (CTRL+R) is a hit or miss on hero, unapparent on generals (vampire, orc giant guy, etc.). Also hard to play without.
Implemented in 0.7.2.
SgtMajPwn wrote:

Other hot keys failing such as using (B) or (W) with a worker, which is rather essential for fast game play.
Note that the game says hotkeys are b or w not B or W. Having capslock on will not trigger the action. This is done because upper letters usually have a different function assigned than lower ones. One example is the letter h. Pressing h quaffs a healing potion, but pressing H will select/deselect hero.

Back to top Go down
SgtMajPw

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 am

I didn't mean to capitalize those commands, but everything's working now. Sorry to waste any of your time, the problems I listed with malfunctioning keys/HUD were related to my hardware problems. Somehow my fan got unplugged causing the gpu/cpu to overheat and lag game play as well as make some things not work. Epic fail Razz Thanks for looking into it though and again sorry for wasting any time.
I'll play around with some images, I'm not quite a graphic designer but I've done some pretty legit images for personal related things. Some of the avatars are just terrible though so hopefully what I come up with is better than what's already there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)   

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] Missing Resource Status (top right of screen)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1